Stainless Steel Handrails with Horizontal Cable Infill
Stainless Steel Handrail and Guardrail Cable Assemblies (Horizontal Cable Assembles)
For over a decade Seco South has been the worldwide leader in cable handrail and guardrail systems. Our unique horizontal stainless steel cable infill systems offer the designer a unique and innovative approach when it comes to interior and exterior handrail and guardrail design.
Our horizontal cable railing systems are utilized in both commercial and residential construction projects all over the world. Incredible transparency coupled with extremely low maintenance, blended into a beautiful streamlined design are only some of the features which sets our unique handrail and guardrail cable systems apart from our competitor's typically obtrusive, unattractive, high maintenance counterparts.
We have manufacturing facilities in both the United States and the United Kingdom that incorporate the latest advances in CNC machining and manufacturing technology. Our stainless steel cable handrail and guardrail systems comply with all existing code requirements for use nationwide in virtually all categories of horizontal and vertical handrail design and installation.
At Seco South, we offer a wide variety of different cable systems for you to choose from. Our advanced cable assemblies for both hand and guard railings utilize 1/8", 3/16" or larger cable diameters. Depending on your specific requirements, larger sizes are available to meet your needs. Typically, the type of cable we use is either of a 1 x19 or 7 x7 construction type 316 stainless steel.
To make it easy for you to select, specify, and order your railing we have divided our cable assemblies into a simple part-number-system. The following stainless steel cable assemblies are currently available:
- Handrail Assembly 2100 - Assemblies that use threaded studs at each end of the cable.
- Handrail Assembly 2200 - Assemblies that use "fork style" connections at each end of the cable.
- Handrail Assembly 2300 - Assemblies that use "eye style" connections at each of the cable.
- Handrail Assembly 2400 - Assemblies that use a "dome-head style" connection at each end of the cable.
- Handrail Assembly 2500 - Assemblies that use a "stem-ball style" connection at each end of the cable.
The railing framework which supports our cable systems is available in several different pre-engineered designs. Typically, they are of an all-stainless-steel (type 316 stainless) construction. This advanced alloy provides superior corrosion resistance while maintaining a beautiful luster and appearance over extended periods of time. Other types of materials and specialized finishes are also available upon request.
We also offer prefabricated systems that are completely welded at our facility and can be shipped directly to your job site to be installed by a contractor of your choosing. In addition, we offer a special modular component system which allows for most of the erection to be done right in the field.
Our systems have been used on a wide range of applications, including:
- Lighting suspension
- Trellis systems
- Canopy support
- Centenary systems
- Barrier cables
- Medical and exercise equipment
- Sign suspension
- Decorative shelving
- Curtain wall support
- Safety systems
- Fabric and membrane structures
- Window treatments
Like our cable systems, our railing frames also utilize a simple part-number-system:
- System AP1-2000 - aluminum powder coated frame and stainless steel cables for the infill
- System FB1-2000 - stainless steel design that consist of vertical post every 4'
- System FB3-2000 - stainless steel design that consist of vertical post every 4'
- System SP1-2000 - stainless steel design that consist of vertical post every 4'-0" o.c. The post are manufactured from 1 1/2" square tube.
- System VC1-2000 - stainless steel vertical cable railing system. The vertical post are manufactured from 3/4" x 2" flat bar and the horizontal members are manufactured from a 1 1/2" square tube
- System SPG2-2000 - glass panel system. The glass is 3/8" thick and is available in clear, smoked and frosted. We also offer the glass with safety film and graphic film layovers.
- System SPG1-2000 - stainless steel cable and glass combination railing system. This system was designed for areas where falling objects are of concern such as food courts.
- System RP1-2000 - stainless steel design that is ideal for areas that are not required by code to have any infill system. The post are manufactured from 2" square tube
- System SL1-2000 - stainless steel design that is ideal for areas that are not required by code to have any infill system. The post are manufactured from 1 1/2" square tube
- System DL1-2000 - stainless steel design that is ideal for areas that are not required by code to have any infill system. The entire system is manufactured from 1 1/2" diameter tube
How to Choose a Railing System:
- Click on the image of the appropriate cable system above.
- Choose which railing frame design you like according to its part number.
- Decide what cable diameter you would like to use. Such as:
- a) 1/8" is typically only used for vertical type cable systems.
- b) 3/16" are typically used for horizontal type cable systems.
It's important to note that some cable systems are not compatible with certain railing frame designs. If you do not see a product that meets your needs, or if you need more information about product compatibility please feel free to contact us.